An unexpected year – Take stock of 2022
Life, in general, is not a long quiet river. Trying to make a living with art and craft is more like canyoning ! It is a rollercoaster of emotions, a combination (or a competition ?) between sense and sensibility. It is exhausting but I would never go back to my previous life. Because there is something incomparable, terrific and marvellous. It is the chance to observe the world with a new eye everyday. And this year has been exactly like this :
- I planned to pass the tests and obtain the UKCA certification.
- I planned to contact toys shop on the mainland to find sellers and stockists.
- I planned to develop toys made of wood.
- I didn’t apply for the test ( you can read the reason here ).
- In consequences I didn’t contact toys shop
- I didn’t develop the woodwork.
- I doubted
- I made difficult choices
- I have been frustrated
- I did 27 days of Market
- I took part of the Open Studio Hebrides 2022
- I extended my space in the shop Empty House Traders in Stornoway
- I met and chatted with so much lovely people
- I learned to trust myself ( a permanent work-in-progress)
- I made new friends
- I have been inspired
- I opened my creativity to a new exciting path.
- I made exciting choices
Dragons Are Real is making me happy and I wish to share this beautiful energy with all of you. Embark with me in 2023, the adventure continues !